OLD RUSHMERE c.1880
The Tudor farmhouse at Rushmere was situated to the Northeast of Rushmere Pond and had completely disappeared by about 1900, with no apparent record or memory of it’s existence or demise.
This image has been reconstructed to show how this idyllic scene may have looked, based mainly on an old postcard image from the collection of the late Colin Barrett, as shown in John Goldsmith’s book ‘Hambledon’.
Later images have also been used with O/S maps of the time to pinpoint details, and the bulrushes inspired by photographs taken recently at the scene.
Size including mount|
Size unmounted (including border)|
Contact Debbie by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
... or by phone: 07971 191076
Back to index
Website Copyright to Debbie Flack & Del © 2010